View Single Post
Old 2007-04-04, 19:29   Link #75
Meophist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kikaifan View Post
I disagree that Fate is predictable. Though they can't match the range of Nanoha's extended-range beams she and Chrono have the best all-range capability and the most spell variety, and their skirmishing style is the most tactically flexible, especially compared to Nanoha's bombardments and Signum and Vita-style beatdowns.
Fate is actually rather inflexible. She is incredibly weak at long range against mobile targets and concentrates the most upon her strong close to medium range attacks.

Her linear movement, both in her own and her attack's, is something that leans towards predictability. This is also one of the reasons why she is weak at long range. Changing directions to avoid attacks is more effective the closer one is to his/her opponent, and linear attacks at such range are much easier to avoid. Linear attacks are most effective at medium range, where they can most take advantage of thier increased speed and ranged capability but without having to deal with their relatively predictable flight path.
Quote:
I also think the strength of Nanoha's shields and Signum's armor is noteworthy and places them a step ahead of other characters where resisting attack is concerned.
I did say that they have improved defense among others, didn't I?
Quote:
I don't really think anything can be said about Hayate except that if she inherits YnS' tendencies she'll be the strongest in pretty much every category.
I don't think she did, but then again, pretty much everything I said about Hayate is just guessing.
Meophist is offline   Reply With Quote