View Single Post
Old 2007-04-09, 07:15   Link #14
Samsara

here comes another attempt to buther characters from The Romance of The Three Kingdoms... but at least I'm glad that this time, unlike Dragon Destiny, the characters are (mostly ?) male, not female. the only one I can't quite decide is Chuubou Sonken. The character design looks ultra feminine and the seiyuu is female as well but chances are he's probably a guy, too.

The cast is the only reason I actually bothered to watch this anime. Throw Ishida Akira, Miki Shinichiro, Suwabe Junichi, Koyasu Takehito, Okiayu Ryotaro into the same anime, and you've got my attention no matter how worthless other apects of the show are. I just can't help but think this is an anime made to feed the fantasies of all those seiyuu fangirls out there and Saint Beast is another such show from this season.

Even though I was fully prepared for a highly slashable show even months before Koutetsu Sangokushi aired, for some reason I still couldn't help but laugh every time Rikuson and Koumei talked and stared into each other's eyes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by aroduc View Post
Spoiler for hot hot Lu Xun x Zhuge Liang.
Spoiler:
uh... don't mean to be picky here but no matter how I look at it, the pairing is more like Koumei x Rikuson... it's sort of a "convention" if you will to write the pairings as seme x uke. And Miyano Mamoru's Rikuson just doesn't look or sound like seme material to me, not opposite somebody of Koyasu Takehito's caliber anyway. Not sure if Koyasu has ever been played uke but if that were to happen, probably only Miki Shinichiro and Suwabe Junichi out of the cast of this anime could stand a chance as seme...

ok, ok, I know all those bl drama CDs have poisoined my mind ^^; but here's what Koyasu Takehito wrote in his Apr 7 blog entry (http://koyap.jugem.jp/):

Quote:
...「鋼鉄三国志」(Koutetsu Sangokushi)も無事に始まりましたね。なんか気のせいか、BLの香りがはんなりと…。まあ、それもいっか。...
so if even he felt that this one smells of BL, can't blame me for thinking all these things... ^^

The only positive thing I could say so far about this anime is that I enjoyed the ED song by Miyano very much. Not many male seiyuu could sing well so I was a little surprised by his performance. It was certainly better than Hoshi Souichiro who's singing both the OP and ED for Shining Tears x Wind.