View Single Post
Old 2007-04-14, 11:31   Link #221
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I'm certainly glad *someone* isn't doing the fansubs... I can barely read some of this. O.o
Seriously, if someone bothers to post and wants to be understood, take a little time to spell, eh?

@Sorrow-K: heh, obviously ymmv ... Girls Bravo is the first manga I ever resold after reading it and the anime..... I'm just glad I didn't *buy* it (borrowed it). However, I'm not going to *defend* this "Gilligan" series as some kind of literary masterpiece ... it *is* after all pastiched extended vaudeville skit with lots of obvious references. If I'm pressed for bandwidth, it'll lose the choice.
But something about the art drawing style is appealing and its no worse than watching old variety show skits I suppose. It sounds like the manga (so far) doesn't go anywhere serious either. But when I have bandwidth to spare I'll probably keep watching for now.... several of the other series I was watching from last season appear "fansub DOA" anyway.
Sometimes I think its kind of interesting mapping what you and I like and don't like -- we have these odd patches of non-overlap

@et al: Silly fun and pretty girls.... so it goes.

Last edited by Vexx; 2007-04-14 at 11:41.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote