Thread: Licensed Kaze no Stigma
View Single Post
Old 2007-05-07, 11:30   Link #540
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
The battle was such a disappointment that it overweighed the episode's good points. Episode 4 is the first episode that I thought was a let down when I finished watching it.
Your disappointment is understandable.
however, we don't have a big picture of magic scale in Kaze no Stigma.

yeah, Kazuma appears to be a "Kira" (only the "god-like" uberness, don't even compare their character XD), but the balance is rather well kept so far.

except if AniYoshi missed their translation, the youma isn't a god, but merely a entity, with a specific Elemental power.
while on the other hand, Kazuma has a contract with the Wind Spirit KING (not to mention that the way how to gain Contracts isn't really depicted as a walk to the parc)
And the Kannagi has Enraiha, an artifact which isn't a factor to laugh at.

sounds like the fuuga were just unlucky that Kazuma entered in the fray

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaerstan01 View Post
there are some clear evidences found in the first 4 episodes that proves that wind really cuts, slice, mince and blasts anything along its path(if not deflected).
of course. my post were only referring the fact that Wind may not be as "powerful" as it is from the start. (since it would need more energy/mana to manipulate as an offensive magic)
this means that Kazuma is really powerful to manipulate the wind magic in such scale.

but again, if KnS shows that even rookies can create a swift wind blade which can cut metal, that would lessen credits to kazuma

Quote:
as for kazuma being exempted from those "average" wind mage, how do you explain kazuma's dad that has gained control of the so called "azure flame"and also considered as kannagi's supreme spellcaster?? the thing is, kazuma and his dad are top notch mages, so putting them in the same league with those "average" or "typical" wind and fire users isn't really am appropriate thing to do.

but, oh well, its onlyv been 4 episodes so far to draw any conclusions
Hey, we had the same opinion !
i think i was a bit too clumsy with my rant about elemental magic ~~