View Single Post
Old 2007-05-15, 05:20   Link #73
dkellis
illusion control
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to dkellis Send a message via AIM to dkellis Send a message via MSN to dkellis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Ugh... don't remind me of the 'Draenei Lore War' (trust me, 300 and the Legion combined had nothing on that horrifying battle).
I am normally a fairly mellow guy, who espouses the stereotypical hippie view of "can't we all just get along?" I honestly don't care who Nanoha ends up with, be it Fate, Yuuno, or Arf.

But come a battle about the importance of continuity, and I will call for a crusade. We will call ruin upon their houses, raze their cities, plunder their ships, pillage their livestock, salt their lands, and be generally rather unpleasant, until the continuity error is acknowledged and fixed. If the latter is not possible, then I will at least keep harping on it at every opportunity.

In any case, though, I haven't really seen a lot of continuity problems in the Nanoha-verse that cannot be No-Prized away with sufficient plot contortions. It doesn't make me happy that these contortions are needed, but it's marginally better than a direct contradiction.

Then again, I haven't looked very hard.

In any case, I've noticed that romantic discussions in the MSLN materials tend to be short conversations, mostly leaving the matter vague and undecided. We don't even know the circumstances behind Chrono marrying Amy.

And the furor of the shipping wars, as usual, revolves around Nanoha, being that she's technically the main character. Apart from any relationship possibility with Nanoha as part of it, we have the strongly hinted Caro/Elio, the stated but not shown Chrono/Amy, and the mostly offscreen Kyoya/Shinobu. Other than that, well, I don't remember anything. (This doesn't count stuff like Chrono's or Nanoha's parents.)

I'd personally be interested in seeing some example of Yuuno or Fate being interested in someone other than Nanoha.