View Single Post
Old 2007-06-15, 12:53   Link #39
Wuya

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by kMisuzu View Post
I was pretty beat when I posted this so let me fill in a few gaps.
I speak very little Japanese and I think most people in the area have an accent. A schoolgirl on the train on the way back spoke just like Haruko. I got hung up on probably as a result of frustration on communication difficulties and they didn't want to wait for me to flip through my phrasebook. I did call a friend and have him call on my behalf and they said they were full. There were other places but he had to get on a plane and the one with the best chance of luck was out of our range and we didn't have their phone number. If we went out to their area it would of cost a lot of time and money. We had to call it a day, because if we went out there and couldn't get a room we wouldn't be able to make it back to a city with a hotel we could stay at.
Also, I found that even what I thought was a good amount of research wasn't enough, and this hotel definitely wouldn't have internet to do more. So even if I stayed it would be very difficult. I at least could of visited the shrine/temple and the bus stop.
It also seems like the station area shore front has been getting a bit of a remodeling, there was construction on new walkways and something else. Wait for the pictures on that one.
btw, Anyone know of an easily accessible (by JR rail) luggage shop in Hiroshima or Tokyo?

still going to write a full report with pictures but lacking proper AIRness ;-;
Still, it be nice to see what you saw... i hope i will make a trip there some day, my curiosity is killing me.
But hopefully you still had fun... despite luggage lugging and then having it break and having the bad hotel experience...
Wuya is offline   Reply With Quote