View Single Post
Old 2011-01-15, 00:30   Link #1064
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
The way they use the word, I get the impression that the machine was still calibrating or synchronizing with it's new pilot, once that's done the pilot should/would have better control over the machine and hence the better performance.

It's like zero-ing your rifle, should you could still shoot it, but it's better/easier if you configure it to suit yourself.
^ More or less the impression the episode provided. As Chifuyu mentioned, fitting and calibration of the IS had to be done in the field due to how late the Byakku Shiki arrived, and so the IS was essentially trying to adjust to Ichika's fighting style throughout the battle. Transforming into First Shift meant the IS had synchronized itself to Ichika, and could thus be wielded more comfortably, allowing Ichika to go full power.

I'd prefer the analogy of custom hotkeys myself: playing a game with default settings is nice, but once you customize your hotkeys to the settings you're comfortable with you can bring out your A-game better.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote