View Single Post
Old 2013-10-07, 15:55   Link #4255
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
It's not really well-accepted by the Japanese. There has been comments of "die", "disgusting", "this has gotta stop", and "爆死確定" (which I interpret as "die in a fire" or worse).
I don't know why you would take these sorts of flamebait comments as a sign of the "acceptance by the Japanese" (do you take trolls to represent the opinion of the majority usually?). You have random anonymous commenters who haven't even read anything beyond the premise, and they're raging incomprehensibly. That sounds like a legitimate set of opinions I should really take stock in! It's much more likely that these are people who dislike or were upset by OreImo now acting up because the author's next work sounds somewhat similar. But contrasted with the fact that OreImo was incredibly popular even to the end, a not-so-dissimilar next work shouldn't be all that surprising.

It could very well be that the book will be no good, but at least people can actually read it before "the acceptance by the Japanese" is pronounced. This is some seriously Sankaku Complex-quality "reporting".