View Single Post
Old 2012-12-11, 10:52   Link #5258
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo View Post
Everyone in FT has a crazy quirk (except Lucy who plays the straight man, more or less). Juvia's has been her crush on Gray. The problem has usually been that she hasn't gotten much development. I really did like her development in the Heaven's Tower arc, and the Tenrou arc, where we saw the more tender and determined sides of her, but as mystogan noted, she has been absent from several arcs.

So, while I grow a wee bit tired of her quirk, I'm also a wee bit tired of a few other peoples' quirks. But knowing what comes up ahead in the manga, and what has been hinted at, I'm satisfied Juvia, as a side character, will get more development.
I recognize that she wasn't in two arcs (actually she was in Edolas before ft got absorbed). However that is my point Hiro ignores her quite often and when he does use her its mostly for gags. What I want is something else just so she'll come off as a multidimensional character... potentially she could be an amazing character, however she just always ends up sidelined.

As to me being satisfied knowing what's coming... not so much. The only real development her plot line got thus far, she wasn't even in the scene (that said it was set up, so really hoping we'll get more later). The rest of it we've all seen before.

Once again she's funny and I'm looking forward to some of her upcoming jokes but that's all I'm looking forward to with her... I have hope one scene will be fleshed out but the arc isn't over yet so just maybe Juvia will actually get more development.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mystogan View Post
by 'great' i mean doing best in how much time is alloted to them in the arc, and about her tenrou battle, if you recall properly Juvia, Gray and Meledy were linked together, all of them would have died, if one of them was killed, clearly killing all three of them was not an option there
Sorry but for me the purpose of the scene is as important as hype or any other factor... and when you get down to it Gray and Juvia's only plot purpose that arc was to teach nakama to Ultear and Meredy. And when Nakama is involved no one will ever die in this series... after Makarov, Elfman, Evergreen, etc that arc it was clear nobody would die that arc on FT side so by the time it got to Gray/Juvia you would have had to have blinders on to think they could have actually died.