View Single Post
Old 2013-03-11, 09:51   Link #17
Lota

Ermm, well this is a sad shocking moment really. I had many shocking moments, but I remembered this one for some reason. Well, it's not really a moment, but... Death was never an unfamiliar or really scary subject for me, one of my grandmothers died when I was 7, the other one when I was 14 and between the ages of 14 and 18 I think I've been to the funerals of 7 people (yeah, somehow my teenage years were not very bright and shiny). The real shock came when in the last 2 years of high school the parents of 4 of my friends or acquaintances died (well, 1 parent per person). It's just that... Their parents were in their fourties. It was just like... wow. 2 of them had cancer, 2 a heart attack... In those last two cases it came out of nowhere. It was just such a shock for all of us. My parents are still rather young, and so were theirs, so it really made me rethink a lot of things again. And then a classmate of a friend died and she was only what, 18? It was all very shocking and depressing.