View Single Post
Old 2011-06-13, 00:38   Link #1012
Tetra Vaal
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elo the Blue View Post
Based on ratings, the amount of discussion the NBA has generated around the sports talk world, I'd say the best thing that could have happened to the league is what actually did happen.
As a Heat fan, it's easy for you to say that because you ended up with three superstars. But think about the publicity the NBA would have got if LeBron stayed in his hometown and had Wade joined his hometown. There still would have been controversial topics on a daily basis if Wade were the one who left HIS team (no offense to you, but the Heat fanbase isn't all that special). But the reason I made the statement I made in the first place, was due to the styles of play of those players and where they'd match up better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
None of you will EVER understand what it's like to be scrutinized on the level of Lebron James...Especially in a social media environment that Jordan never had to live 1 minute in (Not that I think comparing a pass-first Point-Forward to a score-first scorer is smart in any way)...

What did you think he was gonna bow and let himself be pwnt by all his haters? He's suffered a great humiliation no doubt about it, but to think you were gonna get some words that would have somehow stymied your already over-reactive hate for the guy? No matter what he said, you guys, and all the rest of the Lehaters would have still hated...So in the end, by some small measure of theater, he reinforced the notion that your hate is meaningless to him (Even if it isn't the case)...He wasn't gonna cave in publicly, I thought it was a fitting way to end things...

Haters get the satisfaction of seeing him lose, he gets the satisfaction of letting haters know you hate me but you wish you could be me...That's the perfect irony for this overhyped media circus that is The People vs. Lebron James...
Yeah, but for a guy who supposedly doesn't care about what any of us think, he sure had a great time making statements like "I've been taking mental notes of all the things journalists have been saying about me." Face it, LeBron DOES care. He deserves the humiliation for being such a condescending, self-righteous, egotistical douchebag over the last year.
Tetra Vaal is offline   Reply With Quote