View Single Post
Old 2012-03-17, 23:24   Link #28147
Renall
BUY MY BOOK!!!

I simply refuse to believe Yasu is insane. She acts far, far too rationally for a person who would need to have a loose enough grip on reality to blow things so far out of proportion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chronotrig View Post
Yeah, it's hard to find a single clear solution in Umineko. Then again, some things do seem pretty solid. For example, this unsupported statement is surprisingly hard to disprove:

After EP2's First Twilight, the letter found in Beatrice's VIP room could not possibly have been written by "Beatrice". Therefore, "Beatrice" could not have been responsible for the First Twilight. "Beatrice" refers to the person who gave Rosa and Maria their envelopes, the person or people who wrote the letter found in the chapel, and the person or people who have been dropping envelopes in the rest of the games.
It certainly creates the impression that Will gave the answers Clair wanted to hear, not necessarily the right ones.

As Battler pointed out, there's nothing even remotely difficult about any of the First Twilights - except possibly ep3, but that one's potentially an example of a very different scenario in the first place - and there's no reason to believe they're all that special.
  • Anyone could have locked people in the shed and killed them in ep1; they had all night, and there's nothing that proves it was impossible for anybody to get together whatever was necessary.
  • If Will's even remotely correct in his assessment of ep2's First Twilight, absolutely anybody could've done that one too. Even without that, it's possible with a bit of wrangling. The killer may not have set up the whole candy feast, but he or she could easily exploit it.
  • Battler doesn't find anything at all that would make the First Twilight of ep4 look like anything but a massacre with a gun. There's nothing special or tricky about that.
This story is a redacted confession.

Blog (VN DL) - YouTube Playlists
Battler Solves The Logic Error
Renall is offline   Reply With Quote