Thread: Licensed Date A Live
View Single Post
Old 2013-03-28, 18:18   Link #263
Marly
>AS

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post
I've been wondering about this. I looked up the director, and for most of those series I've seen, I chalk it up to 12 episodes being the killer for the chosen story. For the particular story those series had, it seemed like 12 episodes just wasn't enough.
I don't know about you, but the trend I noticed was that whenever Keitarou decided to do shows focused on harem, they all turned out to be extremely shitty. (Amaenaide yo, Akane-iro ni, etc) But when he's in charge of shows that take themselves seriously, they turn out to be pretty good. (Jormungand, Katanagatari, etc) So uh, I guess it's really up to what he direction he takes, and hopefully it's the latter tone that he focuses on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post
I think that's him. If so, I'm surprised he goes as way back as Android Ana Maico, which I thought wasn't bad for the type of story they chose in comparison to the manga. But I think the main question will be if the director and this guy can work on something together that works. I'm just shooting in the dark, but if there's going to be questionable content in that regard, they might end up using the animation to save themselves
Well, for Android Ana Maico, he only did one episode out of it, so I wouldn't say that's the most accurate judge of his mad series composition skills. (But he seems to be mostly garbage, regardless)
Marly is offline   Reply With Quote