View Single Post
Old 2011-07-23, 11:09   Link #3033
00Coyote

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
So while I get your general point, your specific example supporting it is a bit of an odd one to me.
To make sure the point gets across, I had to go with one of the more extreme examples.

Quote:
Going by what's clearly shown in the anime itself, it's not conclusive if Sayaka killed those two guys on the train or not. I think this is a matter of viewer interpretation (regardless of what Gen and/or Shinbo intended to convey, by the way - If you want to make a murder scene undeniable, then you make it undeniable on the screen itself, which they didn't). If you interpret that scene as Sayaka killing those two guys, then so be it. I'm not going to argue against you, or sugarcoat it. But I myself have reached a point that I'm default skeptical of implied character death, in general.
Default skeptical is a good strategy to have. For a story as brutally logical and straightforward* as Madoka Magica I don't think you have to be skeptical about too many things. Once the whole story was told many things were exactly as they appeared.

*The story was straightforward, the telling, pacing and presentation of that story (thankfully) was not straightforward and very interesting.
00Coyote is offline   Reply With Quote