View Single Post
Old 2013-01-31, 09:41   Link #31827
Renall
BUY MY BOOK!!!

I think the meta-level narrative by necessity has to be independent, otherwise the entire concept of the Sea of Fragments and Forgeries and Theatergoing and whatnot don't make a lot of sense. If it's one linear narrative carried through certain Fragments/Forgeries/Stories and going beginning-to-end, then there's no room for those things. Bern implies tons and tons of iterations of the various stories exist, but obviously we don't watch those things. Ronove in the aforementioned Forgery No. XXX mentions Trinity, a story that doesn't exist (at least to us). The notion of "different meta-worlds" makes sense though if you assume it's the swirling chaos of different Readers and different interpretations, and that the existing meta-narrative belongs to some character we're aware of (such as Tohya or Ange).

EDIT: And naturally, that means something like ep7 could quite literally be some other person's meta-world, with Will as their avatar. Bern can be there because Bern can be wherever she wants to be, so that's not an issue. For them to later appear in the ep8 meta-world could mean all sorts of things, but looking strictly at ep7 you could say that information and/or speculation belongs to The Person Behind Will, whoever that is.
This story is a redacted confession.

Blog (VN DL) - YouTube Playlists
Battler Solves The Logic Error
Renall is offline   Reply With Quote