View Single Post
Old 2007-06-25, 22:25   Link #62
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
Originally Posted by yahoosoda View Post
I see your point, but I don't see how her cooperation is making things better for the others. Whatever chance Inoue gave, if she was perceptive enough, she would have known they will not have taken it.

Ichigo, Renji and Ishida are aggressive fighters but they share the same character not because they are strong phsyically but because they have the strength of will. Now if you're going to put Inoue in that light, what about Chad? Chad is certainly not as strong as the others (even Ichigo doesn't think so) but he didn't let that stop him from trying to prove to the others that he is now did it? Chad has the same strength of will as the others have and hopefully Kubo will pull a miracle and somehow make it right for Chad.
I tend to think that if Chad was in the situation he'd react the same way as Ichigo, Renji and Ishida. Regardless of his power level, Chad is more or less a passionate fighter like Ichigo. Like you said, it is a matter of will or perhaps better said, instinct. Even Grimmjow makes note this past chapter that Ichigo's foremost instinct in any situation is to fight. Inoue doesn't have this same instinct. She is gentle in nature and her first instinct is the immediate well-being of her friends (or Ichigo for those who believe she is obsessed with him). Rukia, is hard to say but I believe that she is actually closer to Inoue in nature, but her rough past and shinigami training make her more aggressive. However, that doesn't mean that Inoue's strength of will is weak.

To me, it's like trying to compare Zaraki's actions against Unohana's. Both are captains. Both are inarguably strong in both body and mind. Yet Zaraki tries to cut through anything that stands in his way, while Unohana doesn't raise a finger against anyone the entire SS arc. Are we going to say that Zaraki is strong, while Unohana was a wuss? Of course not. Everyone realizes that Unohana was only concerned about minimizing casualties. I don't see why anyone would expect Inoue to react like Chad or Ichigo in a situation anymore than they'd expect Unohana to react like Zaraki.

Of course, Inoue isn't nearly as old or experienced as Unohana. She has self-doubt and can't figure how she fits at times, but she still has room to grow. However, she will never be bold and reckless like Ichigo. Still, people are calling her a lost cause when the arc isn't even over.