View Single Post
Old 2010-06-04, 23:32   Link #109
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImAKami View Post
They've done an awesome job on the male's school uniform right, especially the cravat, and Elsee's costume. I can't wait till the female's seifuku. Keima's looking sharp and charismatic, though his ear can use an improvement, and Elsee looks...somewhat more goofy and less reliable than her manga counterpart. Hope they fine-tune their features above the neck a bit further.
I feel exactly the opposite. I like both the designs, but I feel Elsee has been captured (no pun intended) absolutely perfectly, while Keima looks a bit too bishounen. Elsee is supposed to appear (and to a lesser degree be) somewhat goofy and unreliable. While Keima should have a dour, detached, apathetic expression (or his somewhat disturbing "game face") at all times unless he's confused, is intentionally looking "sharp and charismatic" (at which point the above design is as perfect as Elsee's), or is chibi.

And yeah, the ear is weird...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiga View Post
I've got similar sentiments but I dunno... maybe it's just because the last thing I watched with Itou Kanae in it was Railgun. I did see Taishou Yakyuu Musume and Sora no Manimani last summer but recent memory is far more powerful, so I can't well recall how she sounded.

She did do a great job as the hyper and childish Mihoshi and I think her voice in TYM was higher-pitched... I don't really remember though. Haven't seen Shugo Chara either. But... well, she could probably pull it off.

Maybe it's because I watched Mahoromatic recently but for some reason I was thinking Kawasumi Ayako for Elsea.
Well, considering I was envisioning a slightly less "Kafuka-esque" Ai Nonaka, Saten-san is a bit different from what I expected. Still, as I've said, she has an absolutely beautiful voice (seriously, Yui Horie or Megumi Hayashibara-level), and not a small level of skill, so if she can cant it up an octave or so and channel a bit of her fellow Railgun "second-rater" Uiharu for personality, she'll be great. This could be a huge role for her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
I associate Shimono with really bad characters, is why.

Regardless, yeah, after thinking it over, I'm okay with this. Maybe it'll be more of a breakout role for him.
As some have suggested, maybe this will be his "Lelouche"? This adaptation could be huge for both leads.

I've managed to snag a little of Kannagi recently (the "It's a Sony" scene) an I'd say he's certainly got the base for a good Keima. Just inject an apathetic monotone (except for during the capture, SRSpotatochipBSNS, and tantrum scenes) and it should be about the right tone. And kid Keima, should we get to the Tenri Arc, should be just about perfect. One thing for certain is that he should be able to have a lot of fun performing this role, since he's more or less playing four characters. There's Normal (Otamega) Keima, with the apathetic monotone, Bishounen Keima, with the stereotypically warm voice of a Shoujo hero, Capturing God Keima, half Buddha and half Yagami Light, and Chibi (Tantrum) Keima, where he just cuts loose without abandon (and is why I didn't want Arararagi-sensei for the role).

Hey, at least it's not a chick doing his voice. ^_^

Last edited by quigonkenny; 2010-06-04 at 23:51.
quigonkenny is offline   Reply With Quote