View Single Post
Old 2010-06-14, 06:36   Link #2004
blewin

Awesome! Just awesome end with plenty of pages to wrap up the story nicely. As some people said, the ending is quite predictable. Ed losing his ability to use alchemy, Alu coming back all emaciated, Van dying and so on. well, one unpredictable thing was of Ed rejecting his dad's sacrifice, and here I was hoping Van would live out a good life with his sons but he ended up dead before Trisha's grave. That's a really sad moment for me.

It's kind of sad too how Ed and Alu have parted to go on separate journeys. They've been together for so long and they strive to be together, why the separation? I don't think the end result is worth it. What's more, Ed can't use alchemy anymore. How can he study it??

anyway, great to see the chimera accompanying Alu to Xing. The final page shows a grown up Mei. I definitely see a possibility of her and Alu getting married. Ling looks so funny dressed up in his Emperor clothes. That just cracks me up so badly. Wish there's some development on Riza and Roy's part though.

About Scar though.. it's great to see him having to keep on living for a brighter future. In the end, FMA is a hopeful manga, allowing the villains to live, giving the villains second chances (I'm talking more of Scar and Selim). The final line of "a full metal heart" really sinks in and resonates with me. Not only does it bring full circle but it points to a light out of the dark tunnel. What awesome story telling. This could have become a classic and must study literature if it's not in manga form and produced in Japan!

Chrome Shelled Regios
blewin is offline   Reply With Quote