Thread: Licensed + Crunchyroll Space Battleship Yamato 2199 (movie & TV)
View Single Post
Old 2012-04-06, 14:13   Link #233
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

It was an interesting first episode. Not all that much changed from 1974 to 2012 in terms of the story. Just details and perhaps motivations that make more sense in this day and age.

Spoiler for Plot 'Summary' for Episode One:

All the important musical parts are still there. The voices seem fine. The acting is slightly different, but then it has been almost 40 years and the producers today are different from those back then. Less weight from World War II and the Occupation on their shoulders.

Somehow, in listening to the song onboard the Yukikaze, I get the impression I've heard those voices before. They sound like voices from the original show. I wonder if anyone has information of the actors that played the Yukikaze's crew?

What I am wonderng about and what probably won't happen for a few more episodes, is how the cast will handle the character interactions. Especially the new people that really don't have a previous version to model off. But also the Gamilons...as we've not seen once yet that wasn't in a plane or a spaceship.

(Rina Sato is using her Haruka Minami voice for the nurse. I approve of this)

(There was no OP for this episode that I could see. I suppose the OP would be rather spoiler heavy. More so that the show's title.)

Last edited by Ithekro; 2012-04-06 at 16:01. Reason: Details and spelling
Ithekro is offline   Reply With Quote