View Single Post
Old 2012-09-07, 11:44   Link #650
Karakuri

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_moon View Post
But a play like this could make that break a permanent one. I don't know about other people but I personally wouldn't want to be treated like a trophy.

Also I don't agree with coercing Kirito into KOB being a good thing. With guild member's lives actually at risk, if you were the guild master would you want a pissed off player part of your plans?

The more I think about it, unless a really good reason comes up for why Heathcliff is acting this way, the more of a tool I think he is. All in all I think he is actually a pretty good representation of some of the guild leaders of some of the bigger guilds I have met in various MMOs (no names mentioned xD)
She isn't being treated like a " trophy ", she is the one who actually " wins ", wether Kirito loses or wins. She wants to spend time with Kirito -> If Kirito loses she'll be with him inside the guild. -> If Kirito wins she'll be with him outside the guild. -> Kirito Wants to be with Asuna. -> Kirito loses -> He'll be with Asuna. Kirito wins -> He'll be with Asuna.
Heathcliff wants Kirito -> Heathcliff wins -> He'll have Kirito. Heathcliff loses -> Either Asuna persuades him into joining the guild after, or Kirito doesn't join.

I think both Kirito and Asuna are having the advantage here. They'll win wether Kirito wins or not, plus - if Kirito joins the guild, if anything goes wrong and they're partying together, they have someone to help them. If they don't have a party, with any guild members other than Asuna and Kirito, they may die if something goes wrong ( Like...Laughin Coffin suddenly attacking ).

Edit: It's actually a way to protect Asuna too, since she could be with Kirito while being in parties with their guild members, she wouldn't have more risks as in only with Kirito.
Karakuri is offline   Reply With Quote