View Single Post
Old 2012-06-26, 01:36   Link #158
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akito_Kinomoto View Post
So you don't like Mari Okada when she goes crazy because she reminds you of yourself. Makes sense.
Bad things that remind us of the worst of ourselves will do that. However, I will say that my favorite parts of her works are the comical ones, because it seems the style of humor is very similar to my own. (Wait, Anohana was a comedy right?)

Quote:
More seriously, I'm not really sure how True Tears how messed up towards the end. I recall maybe one plot point that I felt wasn't resolved too smoothly and there was a scene toward the end that was just "what." With everything else well I can be glad that the early half of the show established what it needed to so nothing felt too sudden later on.
If you're a certain half of the fanbase, True Tears ended in disaster. In reality, there's at least two lolwut plot threads that kinda just wither and make you wonder "the fuck was the point of that?"

Still, it's a great show. I just wasn't amazed as I was by the end. Still, it was obvious the writing had a certain amount of honesty in it that shone through. I would say the same to AnoHana and yes, even Hanairo to lesser degrees.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote