View Single Post
Old 2012-07-11, 10:33   Link #10035
Naginoura
匂宮家

Quote:
Originally Posted by novalysis View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naginoura View Post
You are right about the vast amount of possibilities Nisio can explore after this arc, but there is one thing I find quite irritating—the fact that you reduce Medaka Box and Nisio's goal to taking jabs at any and all kind of manga/story. I hardly feel like that's what Medaka Box is 100% about and reducing its possibilities to those is quite irritating. Then again, people calling Nisio troll and what he does trolling also irritate me to a great extent, so I'm not trying to offend anyone.

Also, I doubt Ajimu was ever in need of a coincidence to leave the card. Seeing her like this is amazing~ =w=
Actually, the Bread and Butter of Medaka Box has been playing with the genres, and it's frequent, and very fascinating genre shifts. While still keeping the characters intact with a clear continuity of development. That's not all that Medaka Box is about, but for me, this is Medaka's box main selling point.

Which is why I really like to see Nisio exploring other genres, since we haven't seen serious meta exploration of some of these more serious Seinen and Josei genres. Rom-Com and Harem has already been brilliantly savaged by TGWOK, so Medaka Box has to move out of it, and I think Medaka and Zenkichi becoming fiancees is a clear sign that the traditional Rom-Com "shitty love comedy" itself has ended.
I see. I had figured you had completely reduced Medaka Box and Nisio's writing to the genre-breaking aspect. (There are a lot of people who keep saying they read for the twists or they read for the trolling, etc... >_< ) Since that doesn't seem to be the case here, I suppose I was too hasty to get irritated. I'm sorry. C=

Naginoura is offline   Reply With Quote