View Single Post
Old 2012-12-08, 23:03   Link #65
Forsaken_Infinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Well... it worked for

Spoiler:

And if Saki is carrying on a conversation with him, he might not be dead. There's no law that says that the anime has to follow the novel. It can be "tweaked".
Uh. I never said anything about the anime having to follow the novel or not, that information is irrelevant to the anime. I think you should delete that part about the novel btw, it's arguably a spoiler.

I said it'd be extremely cheap to have Shun return after making a big deal out of his death. Not at all what I would expect from a serious show with genuinely grim atmosphere.

I liked Shun myself. I didn't call him cheap, and I don't want to be mean but you shouldn't have inferred that I called him cheap, GenjiChan, as there's nothing in my post that could lead to that mistaken impression.

I also didn't call all his fans cheap, but his particularly zealous fans are obnoxiously cheap.

Also, even that person that everybody refers to when it comes to epic death was from a show where his return wouldn't necessarily have been all that disruptive. In this show, returning Shun is going to more or less destroy all credibility the show has built up. Good thing that's not going to happen.

Also, what I meant with my post was not to spark this discussion about whether or not Shun's return would be merited but to point out that the half of the show is still to be seen and that you all should brace yourself for other awesome stuff to come and enjoy what could happen from here on than clinging on to wistful, and in my opinion, very very unlikely and boring, thinking. Shun died, but his friends are still moving on with their life. His friends refused to forget him and there is some surrealistic dream where apparently Shun narrates information to Saki. That's that and that's how we should leave it at.

There's so much to wonder about how much more of the world is going to be revealed and what other consequences Saki's prying is going to bring about but you guys want to make silly arguments for why Shun should be back. There's nothing wrong with liking his character, or preferring his character over other's, but to refuse to accept what the show has presented you and to give silly, irrelevant and unverifiable reasons like more potential buyers to bring him back from the grave is just being disruptive to productive discussion imo. Go write a fanfic or something instead. If you can come up with a good enough scenario and reason for his return, I will read it. But I have my sincere reservations that it'd be that easy to find a good enough reason and method without breaking everything that clicks the show's world together.