View Single Post
Old 2013-09-07, 02:07   Link #1967
RobotCat
In a Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBredbeard View Post
Have you read my posts? Have you seen the points I've made?
I have, and I don't think they're substantiated. You argue that once they beat the spirit medium the story is over, when it's completely the opposite. The manga has always been far more heavy in developing the political side of the world than most shonen battle/adventure manga.

If you're looking for more adventure type stories, then yes, Magi is probably not going to return to those plots, but there is plenty of story left to be told. After this arc ends the plot is going to lean heavily towards the political machinations of the variations factions, as well as Aladdin/Alibaba's role in them. The manga has never been about beating the 'big bad'.

One of the biggest themes that Magi is running with was showcased in the Balbadd arc, where despite defeating the Dark Djin the resulting state of Balbadd was not satisfactory to Alibaba at all. Then there's the fact that Aladdin failed to solve the the situation at Magnoschatt at all and things escalated to the current point. Sheer power might be able to vanquish your enemies, but it does nothing for the people that Aladdin and Alibaba are really trying to protect, in fact it just gets them caught up in it.

The current arc has set up plenty of plot threads for the mangaka to continue with. Let's assume they defeat the spirit medium and the Kou empire retreats:

-The aftermath and the situation with Magnostadt would probably be a mini-arc in itself. Reim could choose to carve out the territory after all, and the remaining Magicians definitely would not just surrender, especially if the terms are harsh.
-With the death of Reim's magi, Reim could splinter with different factions trying to seize control. Magnostadt's surrender could very well play into this dispute.
-Sinbad might choose this opportunity and try to advance his own plans by injecting the 7 seas alliance into the situation.
-Aladdin would definitely take this opportunity to try to save the remaining Magicians and the city, especially since he faults himself for not stopping Magomett.

-Balbadd would probably be revisited, as the Kou Empire's endgame has been revealed and Alibaba would definitely want to protect his city.

-Reim's loss of their Magi along with a huge portion of their forces would be a perfect opportunity for Al Tharmen to plant their seeds and create internal strife.

-Also, like you said there's still Hakuryuu's story. This could easily tie into an arc dealing with the inevitable Kou civil war.
RobotCat is offline   Reply With Quote