View Single Post
Old 2008-02-20, 14:00   Link #1383
LiberLibri
(`◉◞౪◟◉´)

Send a message via AIM to LiberLibri
You may criticise the self-sufficientness of Japanese government or people, but PLEASE, research about what you are going to say, before doing so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikorai View Post
Im not a lawyer but I think legislation differs depending on the country.
That's why the unification conventions were codified. Paris Convention of 1883 for the patents and designs, Bern Convention of 1886 for the copyrights. Didn't you see I invoked the INTERNATIONAL Convention, not Japanese local law, to which both China and Russia are State Parties?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikorai View Post
Also Japanese people tend to be against globalization and feel pretty much self-sufficient. For example, they mark their products "for Japan only". That creates a certain attitude from the gaijin, in turn. At least its my opinion.
That's because legislations on Product Liability differ from one jurisdiction to another, and there is no unified international standard. Also regulations on materials are not standardised; e.g., some chemicals can be used in products for Japanese domestic market, but they can not be used in ones for EU area. You have the responsibility to write "for Japan only" on your products in order to ensure each country's sovereignty over its market and the consumers' interest.

I repeatedly insist that private translation does not infringe the author's right and what you should restrain is to distribute the fruit publicly. OK, I know most Japanese companies are reluctant to localise their works into Chinese or Russian because the expected return would be small. So it is natural you buy the Japanese original version and translate it into any language you like for your entertainment. That's all. You have no need to distribute it to world-wide.

Last edited by LiberLibri; 2008-02-20 at 14:23.
LiberLibri is offline   Reply With Quote