View Single Post
Old 2007-11-20, 08:29   Link #309
DarkMirage
ευαγγελιον
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quarkboy View Post
Well, they take an interesting perspective from my point of view. And though I said I'm lazy I'm 50% done with the translation so give me another 10-15 minutes .
Well I guess it can be considered quite neutral in the sense that it doesn't go on about fansubbers = pirates. And the suggestion for Japanese companies to create services that can actually compete with fansubs in terms of speed is welcomed.

But other than that I don't think it deviates much from the regular view of fansubbing in a country where few people know what BitTorrent is. I question the need to bring up Geneon Entertainment's recent demise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
It doesn't matter that it was a mistake. Targetting downloaders instead of the fansub groups can have the effect that they want which is people stop watching the titles and BayTSP was pretty effective in finding a lot of downloaders. Combining that with the DMCA notice was pretty effective in warning/scaring a lot of people. When it all comes down to it, if you think that you're about to be sued, you will rethink your past actions and pray for some sort of salvation imo. When that salvation occurs, then you usually change your behaviour in some way.
Yes, you stop using BitTorrent. Which is basically what happened in Singapore. But people still get their fansubs through other means.
DarkMirage is offline   Reply With Quote