View Single Post
Old 2008-03-15, 20:49   Link #42
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

Quote:
Originally Posted by vio5555
Yeah, girls in the "3rd string" position generally don't really stir up the waters as much in these kinds of animes and sit around as childhood friends or whatnot, giving off hints that they like the main dude but never really doing much more than standing by as the #1/#2 chicks square off over the main male, although they do seem to be playing a larger role more recently.
While I like the analysis, I think you're being a bit too charitable. As it stands, I don't dislike how Aiko has been portrayed. I also understand that she is meant to be a foil to highlight the relationships between the "real" leads. However, if that were the case, I would rather that they had dropped the character and spent more time with the characters on centrestage.

Which is how I felt about Aiko most of the time. She is a nice character, but for the most part, she was a red herring — added to provide more "drama" to an already complicated situation. An unnecessary (and overused) plot device.

After the climax we've experienced in Episode 10, this episode felt a bit anti-climatic in comparison, despite that all-important kiss. For now, it seems that the show peaked a bit too early and it's now suffering the consequence — waffling.

That said, it might be a too soon to tell. Taken as a whole, it also seems that they're building up towards the festival finale. It's probably going to be a "happily ever after" scenario, for all the couples involved. With so many feelings still unresolved, I guess they do need the next two episodes to tie all the loose ends. Will have to wait and see.