View Single Post
Old 2011-09-08, 23:51   Link #24299
AuraTwilight
The True Culprit

Send a message via AIM to AuraTwilight Send a message via MSN to AuraTwilight
Quote:
Also, where was it ever fully established that Yasu is a liar that cannot be trusted?
SHE'S BEATRICE. She's not malicious but she speaks in circles and twists around what she actually wants to say all the goddamn time.

Quote:
Yasu's characters have never actually lied to us
Are you kidding? "I am a witch."

Quote:
Of course it was our first and most useful weapon to doubt when the series was still in production. But now that it has provided us with certain (be they as deus ex machina as they may) hints and solutions that are supposed to be used to solve the case, the word IF has started to change towards a connotation of "I don't like it, therefore I don't except it".
Except for Ryukishi's failure to wrap up several loose ends in the story that never went anywhere and leaving huge blanks in information throughout the narrative because he didn't feel it was important.

Quote:
It's not hard to do that with any story.
What if the woman who found U.N.Owen's letter at the end of And then there were None was actually the true culprit who was the child who was supposed to have drowned? With his/her families money s/he bribed the police and convince them to release the confession in form of the bottle letter to the public. The other murders were only there to disguise his/her true plot of revenge.
That's a bullshit comparison and you know it. You're comparing that to a character who we already know took Action X to have hypothetically done Action Y to make Action X more likely to succeed, with Action Y being 100% consistent with her personality as demonstrated and repeated throughout the novel.