Thread: Licensed Berserk Film Trilogy
View Single Post
Old 2011-11-06, 19:46   Link #186
GreatTeacherKen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
I just saw the trailer now and thought it was amazing. But the thing is, I don't know anything about Berserk. I've not seen the previous anime nor watched the manga. Do you guys think I could watch these films without having to?
It's a bit hard to tell at this point, but the adaptation is probably going to go in chronological order, and the movies are going to cover the main character's back story so it should be easy to follow. Plus, the movies are looking to be more faithful to the manga so some plot points that the previous anime didn't explain very well or omitted should be clearer here.

The original manga and the first anime TV series to a lesser extent start chronologically after the time period the movies are going to cover before launching into a long flashback explaining the main character's back story and motivations; it's much more interesting than it sounds and the long flashback is arguably when the series starts to become great.

So I think you should be able to follow the movies without having read the manga though again, the movies aren't out yet so I can't say this with absolute certainty.
GreatTeacherKen is offline   Reply With Quote