Thread: Doctor Who!
View Single Post
Old 2013-03-30, 20:03   Link #206
james0246

"I invented the Quadricycle."

"I can't tell the future, I just work there."

---

Very much a transitional episode. I understand that Dr. Who needs to set-up the characters, but this was a little too transitional for me. The villian was too weak, though it's potential connection to an age old enemy is quite exciting, and too much time was spent on pseudo-action scenes that made little sense (yes boarding a crashing plane was fun, but it was a little too unbelievable). Arguably the best moments of the episode were between the Doctor and Clara (which, duh, they were supposed to be), especially early on when Clara used various windows and doors in order to keep distance from the doctor (their conversation as Clara hung her head out a second story window was quite fun). And, while Clara's magical haxx hackery was fun in it's simplicity (there has to be some satire involved here concerning all these "secret" agents routinely posting their secretive work status on Facebook), it was a little too random to really be taken seriously.

Still the basic mystery involved her is quite interesting and I eagerly await what's to come. 75/100.

p.s. Is anyone else getting tired of the 4th wall meta jokes concerning the Doctor's name?

p.p.s. Who here is expecting River to be the one who gave Clara the Doctor's number? Here's hoping the show doesn't dip itself back in the Song well too soon.

p.p.p.s Is the book the young boy Clara is babysitting one of Amy Pond's published novels? Also, I could help but laugh at Clara's descriptions of Chapter 10 and 11...

Last edited by james0246; 2013-03-31 at 00:51.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote