Thread: News Stories
View Single Post
Old 2009-03-21, 19:09   Link #1891
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosauz View Post
Really I don't watch Fox News, I think its a really shitty program that really does nothing for journalism, but when I see these blokes ragging on soldiers who are underfunded dieing to protect "American" values in Afghanistan no matter how much of comedic show it is, it just infuriates me. Its like descreating graves for the sake of entertainment. Turning the blind eye to this bullshit paints all Americans as idiots who are led as sheep, and disrepect those in the armed service. This is the true irony when fox news were calling people unpatriotic for not supporting the war and our troops, yet they turn around and spew this hateful garbage. The hypocrisy of the situation is what pushed me over the top. Don't get me started on the new 14 year old rebublican second coming of jesus...

Also Stewart and Colbert are on a channel called COMEDY Central, it implies that what they do is Satire, yet this crap is run on FOX NEWS CHANNEL, which implies to the viewer that there may be truth in what they say. I mean when watching anything from Comedy central there is no expectation for news or sound journalism because the network implies that its meant to dole out laughs. To an unsuspecting viewer who is surfing the channel and the happen upon this show, they might think its really a news dicussion...
Although I don't support the war in the Middle East, it does really irk me when people say something insensitive like this.

The soldiers are just doing their job, and I believe they are really fighting either to live, or what they believe in.

The Taliban are just a group of madmen hellbent on making this world a worse place to live in with their so-called "true religious values". They claimed to have been oppressed, but look what they did to their society and women!

I never said that the Coalition who came in are perfect, neither are they all really good people. But certainly it is the truth that they are better people than the Taliban.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.