View Single Post
Old 2007-06-09, 15:49   Link #152
Michael Hopcroft
Embarrassed!

Send a message via AIM to Michael Hopcroft
Quote:
Originally Posted by AVPlaya View Post
Well remove this if this is off topic:

Kokusyo Sayuri's only hit single, Valentine Kiss.

This is a popular wedding song so it's one of those oldies people still sing in karaoke's. In fact the first time I really paid attention to this song wasn't because of Lucky Star, but Japan's #1 TV Show, London Hearts (don't know how many JP-based Otaku would watch LonHatsu though).

The now 40 years old ex-idoru Sayuri-chan has now become a divorced actress-comedian famous for her grumpiness. She's a LonHatsu regular who talk shit about everything but mostly about men. She's actually a classic Tsundere now - sharp tongue but a soft heart. A while back London Hearts gave her a fabulous 40th birthday gift: a surprise concert where she gets to perform "Valentine Kiss" one more time in front of hundreds of fans in her original outfit (they even custom made one for her "current" size). She wasn't told about it until minutes before she show start though. It was pretty awesome to see her looking like a 17-years old again and everyone including us got a bit emotional. I'll tell you Japanese TV has some really good stuff, even outside of Anime.

EDIT: I just found that she has some anime roots too - according to her JP wikipedia page she guest-stared (as Seiyuu I guess) on 2 episodes of City Hunter anime. I found a link to her London Hearts Concert on Youtube but it was deleted. Damn you Asahi Terebi!
I guess that means that, assuming she doesn't overdose or commit suicide, there's hope for Akira-chan yet.

Maybe.