View Single Post
Old 2007-11-27, 12:42   Link #16828
PhoenixFlare
The Resurrector
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melodius Trueheart View Post
Since there are hundreds of magical styles, would it be too out of line to think up "new magical styles" willy-nilly?
No. In fact, it is encouraged, as long as you toe the line of HAXX. A lot of the magic systems for the OCs seem to be original (if ripped off slightly from other anime) and adapted seamlessly into Nanohaverse.

Quote:
Okay, let me try again with Xalinth. I made his backstory a little better (I hope) and it should at least be more palatable to viewer tastes...

One thing: would a shooting attack that can "strike through" other magical damage attacks like SB and DB be too over the top?
Uh, exactly what do you mean by "strike through"? If you meant that an attack is capable of overpowering another attack and burst through it, then it is quite possible if there is a distinction between the strength of the attacks. Comparably, Trident Smasher and Divine Buster are almost equal in strength, so it gives little chance of "striking through". Between Divine Buster and Plasma Lancer, though, it is possible (that is, considering Plasma Lancer wins in terms of number of attacks, not attack strength).

Still, writers commonly use "same-strength" attacks between characters, because it is assumed that mages do have a knowledge of what are the appropriate counters for certain types of attacks. For example, a bombardment type is often countered with a bombardment type, with little possibility of "striking through".

That is what I think, anyway.

Quote:
Spoiler for Xalinth Tamerlan Personal:
Is there a reason for that many magic colors? :3

Spoiler for Xalinth Tamerlan Appearance and Persona:

Nothing too bad for background, though for someone of his explosive attitude, his commanding officer would be expected to issue a restraining order to keep him in line?

Spoiler for Xalinth Tamerlan Spells:

It seems that by sacrificing one mere rank in power, Blendenlichtpfeil gains quite a powerful increase in speed and accuracy. While it doesn't seem much, an S-ranked speed attack sounds like it travels at Sonic Move speed (give or take a little), and with AA accuracy, quite impossible to evade. A nerf, perhaps?

And with Glänzender Angriff, the description seems to say that Xalinth is only firing one shot each time, not several, and each of those shots gives an S-ranked damage output? Is that a different version of Hraesvelgr I see? A quarter kilometer is quite big, to say the least.

Spoiler for Xalinth Tamerlan Background:

Quite possibly, a prodigy in everything: battle, philosophy, sciences, magic, wealth, and prowess.

And evacuation from Mid-childa during the Cradle incident? Where did he go? Was it considered an abandonment of duty?

Spoiler for Xalinth Tamerlan Ratings:
[/QUOTE]

These stats, while inaccurate, does give us a hint of how you view Xalinth to be. He seems to be some overly-buffed archer with great evasive capabilities. Since the spell list contains nothing resembling a "defensive" spell (with the exception of Dreiäugigerengelform), where does his B-ranked magic and physical defenses come from?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
And in other news, to avoid Contradictions and screw-ups, I would like to know how many OC departments/divisions in the TSAB do we have here?

BUT!

I'm only looking for those that were not created recently like Keroko's rogues. To be more exact, I want those that are already in the system and not put together in the "last moment" by a single character.

aka, NO RF6.

State their:

1. Designation
2. Function/Speciality/Responsibility
3. Affiliation (Ground, Air, Naval, others...)
4. Authority/Jurisdiction
5. Estimated manpower size
6. Equipment (If any, this includes vehicles.)
Beforehand, when are you basing your timeline? If it's post-StrikerS, I can give a bit of information about the Investigation Corps that Leona is in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Lack of upcoming Teana is severely lacking Although upcoming Ginga and Subaru moment is WANT
We can't let Teana get too many spotlight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tormenk View Post
Going all out to make up for her mistake is good. And I'm sure Grandis has much much more to show.
I have no part in drawing up the Signum's battle against Grandis, though I'm surely pushing for her to be at least a worthy foe for him.

Quote:
At the very least, I still have two short pieces before that. Though how does an attempt to pull off a Class One dimensional dislocation sounds like? With Yuuno and Nanoha possibly being caught in it all?
Sounds exciting enough. Yuuno and Nanoha trapped in a solitary dimension syndrome?

Quote:
Aurion x Chrono and Leona x Chrono looks good for relevations.
I'm giving a lot of space for Aaron to develop the first interaction, the second will be mostly reminiscences of the past.

Quote:
Ah. Leona might have some clue about the identity of the Princess then.
Tee-hee, nope.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liingo View Post
Interaction list looks good. Doesn't look like Signum's going to be very happy in the next chapter, what with conversations with Telas/Hayate and then Hayate/Chrono....
No, the General doesn't feel too good there, but she's determined to make up for it.

Quote:
I'm already on her list of "I'm not very happy with people" due to the smack down that she received in my last chapter... Let's hope that she doesn't find out that I was one of the ones that get's her into this verbal assualt next chapter..
Liingo: You should have asked Tesla for help, Signum!
Signum: Huh, do I know you? I don't think I've seen you anywhere in GuardianS before ...
Liingo: I am the one who sends the anonymous divine punishment of justice.

Quote:
The snippet looks good.... although with holding crucial information like this is going to get her blasted by TK...... Actually me as well... Yes it is a vow, but this is one vow that if kept has the potential to be absolutely devastating..

I'm trying to figure out why the hell Chrono is silent on this matter as well... THIS IS CRUCIAL INFORMATION!!!!!!!!!
Leona does provide information as much as possible to the crew, with detailed explanation of their skills and abilities and other related things that are necessary to be known so that they are better prepared against them in the future.

What she (and Chrono) hides are their origins, as well as how they came to know about it. These things are considered "classified information" by the High Command.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Other than that, their military power would come in handy but erm... For my sake, could anyone explain simply and clearly the term 'paramilitary' ? Does it mean that they operate outside and around Midchildan Territories?
Paramilitary supposedly means a group of people that acts like or functions to aid another military group. For example, paramedics are considered a group of medical officers/personnel that are not part of the main medical unit, but gives aid anyway, either voluntarily or privately funded. Of course, different countries have different definitions of the word.

For things like this, TK is your salvation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R View Post
Hoh? Nice! More examples to go by in my project!

Quote:
Interesting. Aurion's talk with Leona and Chrono will surely be interesting. I also expect the ones with Tesla, Nanoha and Fate to be quite fun!
Aurion will basically try to "spy" on Leona, while with Chrono tries to "steal information". Though, the first part will become the basis towards Leona becoming Aurion's fourth niece.

Quote:
Don't run. Because that's just what the producers did.

But then, we can rectify that here in Outer Cadia, right?
We are here to give Hayate her rightful unshafting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Signum/Tesla/Hayate interaction? Meeting of the Wolken leaders? And Aurion/Tesla? What about?

Curiosity burning.
Post-mission heart-to-heart talk between Signum, Tesla, and Hayate, and the reason for Signum's renewed determination.

For Aurion and Tesla, they are attempting to "dissect" Leona. Tesla is an exceptional observant, even if she does not look like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
The problem with all the OCs is...

...how the heck am I supposed to pull a Towards the Terra?

But I'll try! FOR MY PEN IS THE PEN THAT WILL PIERCE THE HEAVENS!!!
BELIEVE IN US, WHO BELIEVE IN YOU!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
Greatness is to be expected.

No Khate? Khayate? Kharoko? Khanoha?XP

*runs*
I don't make relationship scenes in here, with the exception of those I already have in mind. Side-stories though, you have no-holds barred for it.

Quote:
Signum/Tesla/Hayate = scolding that leads to smiles?

Aurion/Tesla = likely something not serious.

I'm getting curious as well...
Tee-hee, look above for the little spoiler.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
As usual, you fit a lot into one chapter. Interesting...

Seems to be one for the veterans though this time.
I seem to have that bad habit of voluntarily writing long stuff. >.> FieryAeon noted that a long time ago.

Still, if only I could extend Vivio's time of death past your timeline for DestinyS (if I remember correctly), I could include a Leona x Hayate x Nanoha x Fate x Vivio part. What say you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
"Are you sure it's alright for us to be doing this, Hayate?"

Not bothering to lift her head, Hayate smiled as she proceeded to continue with what she was doing then, completely concentrating at her task on hand while replying, " Of course, it's not like we haven't done this a million times already."

"I know," Grandis replied as he made his move responding to Hayate's, breaking his way inside, her brow slightly contorted to that move by Grandis. "but tomorrow you'll be going on a mission. Even if you're with your knights, it's natural that I'd be worried. I’d hate it if you're not at your best because I drained you of all your energy tonight."

Hayate giggled, while Grandis's blank look invited wonders from her. He's probably the only one who can say that with a straight face and not realize the potential double meaning behind those words, before the game of chess they're playing.
A short crack is a big one indeed!