View Single Post
Old 2010-06-16, 21:56   Link #64
Lenyo

Eh... This topic is only somewhat inactive, no? I'd like to put my opinion in...

Animation Quality

My main complaint here lies in the almost seemingly childish mind of the head animator. There are unrealistically large breasts that are constantly focused on.

Other than the above critique, the animation style was actually an acquired taste for myself. And, of course, I acquired it in no time at all! I was taken aback by Battler's hair upon first watching the series, though I quickly was used to it.

Only problem other than the first one was Maria had unrealistic faces a lot for no reason. =/

Animation Score: 7/10

Voice Actors

I'll start this section being frank, and admitting that awhilst watching a Japanese anime with subs, I don't tend to listen to the voices, rather than read the subs. HOWEVER, upon thinking back on the voice acting, I found myself pleased with it. The voices were cast brilliantly for the characters, in my opinion. So, I'm going to give this section a perfect scoring.

Voice Acting Score: 10/10

Script/Adaption from game

And this is where my quarrels begin to lie... You see, I watched the anime first, thought it was pretty good. Bought the games and patched them, played them, and...

I honestly was getting sick over it. The anime failed to bring as much to the table as did the games. In fact, that's an understatement. It's as if the anime's script were a kiddie table you build legos on and the games were a banquet table made for thirty. The games had more character development, more explained, more information, and was really, just better. So yes, the anime gets a very low score here, for me.

Script/Adaption from the game score: 5/10

My opinion on the anime, ignoring what it lacks in comparison to the games/Overall score

Honestly, I immensely enjoyed the anime. I thought the idea of someone trying to disprove something, when that something is torturing them in every way was amazing. I was sold on the series after the last part of Arc 3 "Swindles." However... While I was playing the games, I was sold at the Tea Party of Episode one... So yes, the anime fails in comparison the games, but is great at standing alone, in my opinion.

OVERALL SCORE: 7/10
A great anime, though in my opinion, underrated due to how it fails to stand up to it's video game counterparts.
Lenyo is offline   Reply With Quote