View Single Post
Old 2011-12-24, 16:55   Link #107
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
All you said is true plot-wise, but thematically speaking there are some serious issues with this series.

For example, what Ikuhara proposes here is a very nihilistic worldview, made explicit by the fact that Kanba was ultimately not judged for the things he did.
I disagree with you. Kanba did pay a price, a very high price at that. His life, and almost every trace of his existence, has been wiped out. He not only dies, virtually nothing survives him.

That's punishment enough, isn't it?

I have to very strongly disagree with how you're interpreting this ending, Kazu-kun. I'm surprised that you don't seem to see eye-to-eye with me at all on the ending, as much of what I wrote there was informed by you. What problems do you see with what I wrote in my interpretation on the themes of this anime?

Quote:
It's like Sanetoshi said: there's no inherent sense of right and wrong in this world.
Sanetoshi was proven wrong. There's inherent right and wrong in this world, in part because there's right and wrong in sacrificial love itself. It was that love that ultimately undid him and his plans.

This ending is not as flawed as you or Sackett are arguing it is. It is simply saying something differently than what some expected it to say.