View Single Post
Old 2012-11-06, 17:30   Link #91
Dawnstorm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maerskian View Post
... can't deny i'm expecting a more sci-fi development here, considering the environment & studio behind.... in fact, i'm kinda "thirsty" for a decent sci-fi show
I'm expecting a fairly standard cyberpunk show, to be honest. It's already got the noir feel. Gen is a good fit for the genre. Maybe with a touch of Phillip K. Dick psychodelia.

If you're fine with what's probably going to turn into an epic, give Shin Sekai Yori a chance. It's best show of this season so far (although first cracks are already showing, and many SF shows fall apart once you have a good grasp of the setting; this show's setting seems fairly complex, though.)

Have you seen Dennou Coil?

Quote:
Not sure yet... first 2 episodes didn't leave much of an impression; concerning comedy shows, i'm more oriented to short-gag/random based jokes, the weirder & the more japanese-minded the better ... Hyakko seems too average ... at least to my eyes, although will give it some more chances.
Coincidence would have it that I'd just re-watched a couple of episodes of Hyakko, before you brought it up. There's a thread about action girls and sexism in the gener discussion area, and it reminded me of a scene in Hyakko, which I might want to quote if I ever joined the thread. Found the scene in the second half of episode 4. It involves the first appearance of grade schoolers in front of that chicken/atom statue.

Quote:
Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita:

Already at episode 9 . Definitely this show had gigantic potential to be one of the typical names that remains in your memory years after .... but IMHO they failed to exploit the good points, not to mention they can't seem to be able to keep the balance between each part of the different arcs; this is clear in the first episodes, where they raise the level towar the end of first episode... but the last ep. of this arc is mostly a way out of the story and nothing else... almost forgettable....

Last episode (9) was great, and displayed the very same potential from the first episode, and even more , a great improvement considering the previous two arcs didn't fit exactly with the potential pace this show aimed to in the beginning .
This isn't exactly a good thing, considering the most interesting episode was just this short.... so right now i'm anticipating another 2-3 ep arc with another uninteresting/random story .... quite the let down.

On a side note: i absolutely love the voice of the main seiyuu... or more exactly, the way she uses it
I do agree the show doesn't really live up to its full potential often, but I like the show even at its worst. As a side note, I love the genre parodies (the kitty-nautilus fight being a double Jules Verne reference, for example).
Dawnstorm is offline   Reply With Quote