View Single Post
Old 2013-01-19, 09:50   Link #617
sasahar17

Quote:
Originally Posted by John117xCortana View Post
But why a one shot ?
Well I don’t really have a very good track record with multi-chapter fics, and a one shot series will allow me to jump around to wherever I fancy in the timeline. I have at least four groups of protagonists running around trying to save the gosh-darn planet over the course of three years. If I tried writing it out in its entirety, I’d have written something to rival the entire Harry Potter series. Since I have neither the time nor patience to do such a thing, one-shot series it is!

For the Transformers crossover idea, I’ve given it some thought about how to actually make such a thing work. You could have the BETA creators be the Decepticons, and the G-Elements be Energon by another name (unlikely since G-Elements can pull some wacky stuff Energon can’t, but hear me out).

Let’s say Megs figures out how to convert carbon based matter into Energon, the all-important resource all Cybertronians need. Having this huge automated mining operation will be the next logical step. Think about it.
First, it’s completely hands off, so he doesn’t need to be present to get the stuff. Second, the sheer scale means there’ll be more Energon coming though his door than even he will know what to do with. Third, Megs doesn’t give two craps about ‘puny humans’ getting gobbled up by his mining drones, he knows someone who does.

Optimus and the Autobots, guardians of life, liberty and all that is good, will be practically tripping over themselves trying to stop multiple genocides across the Galaxy, leaving them spread too thin to fight a proper war with the Decepticons.

On one hand, Optimus and many Autobots will feel honor bound to stop this injustice, prably seeing it as ‘their war unjustly affecting innocents’. One the other hand, the BETA operation will give Megs such an Energon advantage the Autobots will have to take this seriously or else he’ll steamroll them. Either way, at very least he’s bought himself some breathing room on Cyberton while the Autobots go BETA hunting. Hell, he might even ambush a few Autobot relief parties who are too busy trying to help the natives. This is the prefect plan.

Evil? He’s MEGATRON. He’ll probably be enjoying himself while watching the BETA record everything for prosperity while he kicks back on the Iacon and sips Energon martini.

Thoughts?
sasahar17 is offline   Reply With Quote