Thread: Licensed + Crunchyroll To Love Ru
View Single Post
Old 2008-04-10, 09:56   Link #235
ZODDGUTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by qtipbrit92 View Post
I'm debating whether or not to pick this one up, since I'm almost always obligated to finish a series if I've started it.

I can probably handle a fanservice anime if it's not mind-numbingly inculcating like Rosario (), and I saw some magical girl action in the CM (which is a plus.) So how's the level of fanservice in this? If it's at a medium or less, I'll probably check it out. And concerning other important points: is there a harem?
If so, how's the lead?
For those who have read the manga, how does the plot (if it exists) build and such?
(this is a two cours series apparently, so I don't think it'll just be pure fanservice.)

All riight. Thanks in advance.
There's alot of fanservice in this series but it doesn't come out as rather dumb as Rosario think Love Hina type of fanservice. Yes the series has a harem, the lead is similar to Kentaro from Love Hina someone that you laugh at tends to get beat up by the girls but his characters is not annoying at all believe it or not but he's actually quite likeable same goes with the other characters.

Plot wise it slowly moves especially in the romance department think School Rumble where the series mostly concentrates mostly on the comedy followed by romance. Thankfully though there aren't any resets in this series also most of the stories tend to last a chapter or two but the characters are developed in them though from time to time there are mini arcs they don't tend to last longer then 3 or so 4 chapters so it doesn't feel dragged out.

So you should be able to enjoy this series much more then Rosario Vampire but it will take 3 or 4 episodes to get going just like in the beggining of the manga it took a couple of chapters to get going, once the characters have been introduced that's when the fun begins with the characters interacting with each other because their personalities are a joy to watch.
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote