View Single Post
Old 2011-11-05, 22:49   Link #11
Dawnstorm

I'd agree with:

Blood C: I was pretty curious what CLAMP would make of the Blood franchise (of which I've only seen Blood+). Not impressed, they sacrificed character to plot-twist. Not impressed. I expected more.

C: Interesting set-up, going nowhere. They had a pattern going of bringing interesting points up that went nowhere. Btw, I was disappointed from episode 1: the show didn't convince me of its premise: combat is a lousy metaphor for a deal (even if it's about abstract finance, where it's more important than elsewhere). Meh. Wasted potential.

I thought No. 6 was okay, and Fractale didn't deliver, but I went into neither show with too many expectations, so that was okay.

Persona 4 is a bit of a disappointment so far. Ironically, I like the show best where they deviate from the game (even though I love the game), so I suspect that they might get better with more confidence. (I just fear that franchise pressure from money makers and fear of disappointing a fanbase will hinder their vision...)

How about balancing this thread with a "Positive surprises of 2011". Worth a thread?
Dawnstorm is offline   Reply With Quote