View Single Post
Old 2012-06-24, 01:33   Link #3314
antediluvian
Before the Deluge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urzu 7 View Post
I haven't taken advantage of someone for my personal gain in years. I'm sure I've done it before, I just can't think of a time I have done it. Probably done it more than once. Just can't recall any. I've never screwed someone over, or kind of screwed them over, for personal gain.
Whatever your case may be, it's okay. The point is to try and be better. Don't act like a wolf amongst sheep, it's despicable behavior. If you're in a position of power, be the very best you can be, don't become a sock puppet for a political party, do what is right by the people who elected you to office. Do right by your family and your neighbors and don't do it because you learned it was the right thing to do in a book. I have never read the bible. The times it has been quoted at me have been when someone wanted to use their "faith" to take me down a notch.

Using your faith to deny a group of people the same rights as everybody else is wrong. Using your faith to spread fear is wrong. And I am more often than not seeing people using their faith and the imagery and the power it invokes for all the wrong reasons. And I'm not saying that you are doing this yourself, Urzu 7. I hope you realize that.
antediluvian is offline   Reply With Quote