View Single Post
Old 2013-07-09, 22:46   Link #32
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Sure. 5 minutes less in exchange for reaching a far larger audience than what a sub alone could reach? Yeah, I'd be supportive of that trade-off. I think it's a small sacrifice for much larger potential gain.

What you don't seem to understand is that most actual kids aren't going to bother with subbed entertainment. LWA could easily be a hit show with kids in North America and Europe, but only if its dubbed into a language that they regularly speak.

It may be wanted only by a minority of those investing, but its wanted by the majority of certain potential audiences for this show.

If we really want what's best for LWA (and the long-term fortunes of Trigger), then we should want to have LWA dubbed, imo.
If those "potential audiences" want a dub, they can pay up. Until then, those who actually donated gets a say.

The people who gave money to KS don't benefit from high sale numbers. They aren't share holders. The only thing they are really getting out of it, is the episode itself. Thus, to spend money to make the show sell better is NOT the KS backer's priority.

KS backers are NOT shareholders. They are not being paid back with profits from the sales. They are paid back with the ANIMATION itself. Thus, to say it is okay to cut content in order to promote sales, is outrageous to most of the people who actually paid for it.

You want a dub? Start a kickstarter for the dub. Don't spend other people's money against their wishes.