Thread: Hyouge Mono
View Single Post
Old 2011-04-30, 08:20   Link #36
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

This series has been removed at request

http://beta.animesuki.com/series/Hyouge_Mono

I wonder who it might be. The usual suspects are Media Factory, Bandai, Kadokawa and Funimation. I don't see any indication one of them was involved in this production.

Why would they care so much about this show compared to the dozens of other shows being subbed right now? Reverse importation? Can't Japanese viewers get raws without having to use English-language version? I thought fansubbers used existing raws rather than having a capper in Japan. Perhaps because it's on NHK-BS2? It's hardly the first show from that service to be fansubbed. Moribito aired on BS2 as I recall. Hyouge Mono has the same production team as Shinrei Tantei Yakumo, but it's still listed here. Kobato is another BS2 show that still appears on the AS list.

How can fansubs for Hyouge Mono not increase the likelihood that people will buy licensed English-language copies of this show? I know I would.

Episode three really highlighted for me what a superb score Otani Kou has written for this show. The music that accompanies Sasuke's climb to the keep was especially remarkable -- lilting and modern yet somehow appropriate to Sasuke's introduction to Nobunaga's world of artistic wonders. Soon thereafter we're treated to a much darker and more martial piece as Nobunaga surveys his lands from the balcony.

I'm a little puzzled by mizuki_tohru's comment about Sasuke. Is he, too, an historical figure? I rather imagined him as a fictionalized onlooker.

Last edited by SeijiSensei; 2011-04-30 at 08:56.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote