View Single Post
Old 2008-04-03, 06:17   Link #1317
Zaric
Totaling Zero

I’d love to see a third Gundam Seed series! I was a huge fan of the original Seed, to a lesser degree Astray as well.

I was going to come up with a decent argument, but it turned into a rant anyway. Oh well.

Seed and Destiny where popular, there was no denying it. I liked parts of it, but hated more than I liked. In the end though, like or hate, it's popular because even most of the people who hated it, sat there and watched the entire thing anyway. Some even bought the models, and that's success in the company's eyes.

The entire Destiny series had many problems. Let’s look at the characters first. The main characters in Destiny suffered from one of two ailments: unreasonable idiocy that makes them unable to think for themselves (See Athurn earlier on and Shinn throughout the entire thing.) The SEED was Shinn’s only redeeming quality, and he failed as a character in his RAGE anyway; good pilot on the outside but one screwed up little kid inside.

For most of the others, the Zeta Syndrome: Utter and complete whimsical impulsiveness that causes them to just act on what they feel at the moment. Take Luna’s sister for example (her name escapes me at the moment). Had she really risen to the level of an officer in charge of ship’s intelligence, she would not have betrayed Zaft for ANYTHING.

To sum it all up: intentionally misleading plot twists that cause the characters to betray their earlier development in favor of a surprise/shock/and a different mobile suit model to sell. (See link)

It may be bad character development, but you can’t accuse the Destiny series of having no character development unlike the whole total failure in Gundam 00’s first 10 episodes, that was just a disaster and painful to watch.

Sadly I’m just a disgruntled UC fanatic Char worshiper who CAN enjoy other Gundam series if they don’t fail too much. So yeah, bring on the third series.
Zaric is offline   Reply With Quote