View Single Post
Old 2004-06-21, 02:12   Link #85
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saber
Never cared about Sakura or Rin in anyway, just totally loathed the scene that i had to kill Saber with my own hands, man that hurt that hell.
kj1980: sorry if i talk a retard, but what is a fan disk?
A fan disc is something like an append disc that many softhouses sell once they notice that a game has had tremendous success. Something as a "thank you" appreciation to fans, these special games are sold relatively cheap and have tons of extras and mini games, wallpapers, musics, and the like packed into a CD-ROM.

Some fan discs are hard to find since they only give those out to members of the softhouse fan members (which you can join for an annual fee).

Some fan discs are sold only as a limited edition at special conventions such as Comic Market.

And others are sold as regular ero-games in stores at a feasible price of 2000-4000 yen (whereas a normal ero-game can cost 6000-8800 yen).

What is inside the game varies from softhouse to softhouse. Some may give out a glimpse of the upcoming games (as Age did in "Kimi ga Nozomu Eien Gaiden~ Akane Maniax - Nagareboshi Densetsu Gohda," which showed a preview of "MuvLuv"). Some softhouses pack several past games into one tremendous minigame (which Leaf is known for as they did in "Aruru to Asobo" which includes side stories, mini games, and tons of extras from "Routes," "Utawarerumono," and "Tenshi no Inai 12gatsu"). Or some softhouses just give a special scenario that people can play which maybe an after story of the game you've just played (as CIRCUS did in "D.C.~Da capo~ White Season")

Why did I say TYPE-MOON is probably working on a fan disc for "Fate/stay night?" Well, because of two reasons: they did that for "Tsukihime" when they were still a doujin group with the "fun" disc game titled "Kagetsu Touya," and two, because Mr. Nasu Kinoko apparently gave out hints that they are probably working on one in the results of the "favorite character poll" for "Fate/stay night" on their HP - "Man, I never knew Ilya would get such high ratings! Maybe in the fun disc, we'd have to put in her scenario that was cut off from the original game..."

Last edited by kj1980; 2004-06-21 at 13:04.
kj1980 is offline   Reply With Quote