View Single Post
Old 2004-06-21, 19:57   Link #93
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Paper
Heh.

I loved Custom Mate 3. You have to play an entire year (365 days) through the game and keep your wife happy without cheating on her. ^^; It seems easy until your boss says you won't get that raise you need so you can afford to eat lunch everyday unless you go drinking with him. Next thing you know your wasted and the ladies wont leave you alone. By far though, the best part is when you wife gets moody and makes you sleep on the couch.
Actually that is a real dillemma for Japanese salarymen. I can't count how many times I have had to go out drinking with my boss as part of "social duty" after work when I want to come home.

Like I said before, Japan is a crappy society when it comes down to what restrictions that your boss can place on you even after work - and if you refuse, you can be reprimanded and you have little say what to do. Mandatory overtime, mandatory "after hour" service and socialization with your co-workers, etc etc. And the same shit happens day after day. All I want to do is clock out at 5:00PM, return home, take a nice shower and relax. But no...my boss expects me to work well into 6-7PM, expects me and my co-workers to go out with him to drink and eat at the local izakaya, etc. etc. Why the fuck should I have to pay for beer (which I abhor since I hate barley) and food when I didn't want to come here in the first place? It's because I don't want to get fired nor reprimanded on my job.

Such things are one of the main reasons (other than I don't have any special someone) that I don't see myself being married anytime soon... I've seen my father come home drunk from work because he was forced to by his superiors while my mother was waiting past 11PM countless of times and it isn't a good sight to see.

Why do I keep on living this life? Perhaps, as I said before, is because I have an escape from reality - anime and ero-games.
kj1980 is offline   Reply With Quote