View Single Post
Old 2009-07-01, 01:40   Link #997
0utf0xZer0
Pretentious moe scholar

@Vexx: I noticed the middle Hell Girl one too... never seen the series despite it being on my “to watch” list, but those are some striking eyes.

More from AE 2009. Bit of a "misc" set this time, with more commentary than I probably should have written:

Pictures 1-2: I haven’t played Odin’s Sphere, nor do I know much about it. What I do know is that this girl had a hell of an impressive costume. She also deserves credit for putting up with being my “test model” for a number of techniques I had just learned at a cosplay photography panel.
Picture 3: Regular background shot of the CC from the first post. I personally prefer the one of her against the windows, though.
Picture 4: I’m not sure how much of this Shana’s facial expression was intended, but I rather like it.

Picture 5: I believe these two are a “cosplay couple”. What, you think there are guys who are pretty enough to do a convincing Alto cosplay?
Picture 6: Well, maybe this guy can. If that’s a guy.
Picture 7: Continuing with the them, try and figure out the gender of each of these Detroit Metal City cosplayers.
Picture 8: Okay, I think both of these are girls – but I’m not entirely sure. Either way, those were the best animal ears I saw at the con, and the glasses on the other cosplayer just means they hit two of my moe points in one photo.
Picture 9: Best Haruhi at the con. This con also had the youngest Haruhi cosplayer I’ve seen – I’d guess maybe 10 or 11. I really wanted to get a photo of her, but her dad clearly was dragged along because she needed a guardian present and I wasn’t sure I wanted to ask for permission – and no way in hell I was going to ask about posting online. Yes, I usually chat to another cosplayer’s mother for a few minutes every con… but that cosplayer isn’t preteen.

Picture 10-13: Ghost in the Shell, Rozen Maiden, Clannad, and Touhou. And yes, I do realize Nagisa isn’t blue eyed, but I found that a rather striking picture.
Picture 14: I did not use any camera tricks here – the size difference really was that big!

And now the not so anime related but still awesome cosplays. From left to right, Star Wars (I got a kick out of the “New Driver” warning on the back), a couple Team Fortress 2 cosplays, and Metal Gear Solid – because it’s hard to beat a guy being held up by two maids.

(Actually, as awesome as the “Old Snake” cosplayer in security at AE 2008 was, I’d really love to see an armed “maid brigade” for security some year… but I think that part was handled by the convention center this year.)

One more Anime Evolution post to come, people… all I’ll say is that it will involve cute girls and a look back at a nifty little cosplay shoot I did at AE 2008.

P.S. ...Moe Moe Kyun?
0utf0xZer0 is offline   Reply With Quote