Thread: Battlefield 3
View Single Post
Old 2012-06-20, 09:43   Link #693
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

It looks like DICE severely NERFed the explosives on Close Quarters - there was this one 48p game on Ziba tower that had droves of engineers flinging RPGs and SMAWs at each other from either building wing (I must nevertheless confess to being part of the lot, as I was trying to unlock the Remington ACR) and no matter how close those warheads landed next to their intended targets, the explosive damage (I'm not talking about the décor, btw, but the effects on targeted players) appeared to be much more subdued. I then switched to a 64p Metro conquest game, where it was absolute RPG/M320/M67 mayhem in the ticket hall and, surprisingly, I started racking kills with the RPG/SMAW. You could feel quite the difference between basic game and CQ.

Also, the latest gameplay trend is becoming quite annoying: dropping C4 packs on objectives and waiting for flag attackers to trundle forward like sheep to the slaughterhouse (though, once again, I must make my mea culpa: until recently, I was part of those filthy sinners, too, because I'm dreadfully unaccustomed to this -I favor a different kind of gameplay- and wanted it out of the way ASAP). Granted, people should not go raging around about it and should instead blame themselves for being too oblivious to their surroundings (not to mention, again, that I can't complain since I did the same thing for two hours at least), but it's happened so frequently lately -to me- that it's becoming seriously aggravating. You can easily tell those are guys like me who were trying to unlock the LSAT (which apparently is the recipient of mixed feelings - it has good precision, can be swung about with little effort...but has a tragically low rate of fire). Anyway, I'm practically reluctant to capture flags in open plazas from which I could be spied on from afar, unless I have companions/squad mates who can revive me in case the C4 scenario plays again.

Aside from that, I've suffered from a severe bout of bad luck these past couple of days: I either keep respawning right in front of an enemy party/respawning opponent or I systematically run into campers straddling room corners and other pieces of furniture, waiting for guys like me to fill their crosshairs.

Last edited by Renegade334; 2012-06-20 at 10:19.
Renegade334 is offline   Reply With Quote