View Single Post
Old 2013-08-10, 21:07   Link #1478
WILD_LION

Quote:
Originally Posted by Direwolf18 View Post
Well that's just it isn't it? Who is actually calling the shots? And what is their objective? We have seen what, 4+ major factions so far, The old-maou faction, the Hero Faction, Team Vali, and the Stray Magicians. All four had different objectives, but their paths aligned, for the time being.

I could easily see Euclid Lucifuge on the revive the old Maou bandwagon because that is where his loyalties lay.

It could be just as easily, lets raise their old bosses, and let them finish wiping each other out. In many ways that would be the most Machiavellian plan. Bring back the Devils and Angels old leaders, and say, have at it. It was commented on before by a number of characters especially during the Kokabiel arc, that if the war were to resume it would most likely spell total ruin for both sides. If the objective is to bring the Bible Factions down, that's all you would need to do, would not even need to commit troops. You don't need to control them, their old hatreds and prejudices would do your job for you.

Whats the old saying? Nature abhors a vacuum. Remove a major faction like the Bible faction and there will be all their old territory to pick up.
I don't think it, remember what issei said during in Vol 14, he said that before his eyes Euclid Lucifuge was acting like someone was forced him to do it against his will.

And for me, issei harem is the key for the peace between species.