Thread: Licensed + Crunchyroll Nagi no Asukara (Nagi-Asu: A Lull in the Sea)
View Single Post
Old 2015-03-22, 08:06   Link #3637
Dark Paladin X

Quote:
Originally Posted by kco143 View Post
I feel the same way. I don't know who the VA is, but it sounds too obvious to me that she's not in her teens. That completely ruins it for me.

It's like when the jrpg, Tales of Xillia, used an older woman to voice a 19-year old girl.

I want dubs to succeed and there are so many great ones out there. I guess we'll have to wait until this is released to give further judgement.
According to the folks I talk to Twitter, they believe the person who was speaking in the trailer is Michelle Ruff, who is best known for her roles as Fujiko Mine from Lupin III, Rukia Kuchiki from Bleach, Tsukasa Hiiragi from Lucky Star, Anri Sonohara from Durarara!! Also, it's most likely that she's voice Manaka. Unless if NIS America were to release the dub cast for this series or find official confirmation from Michelle Ruff herself, I cannot say the voice acting from this trailer is definite or not (apparently, this was a surprise, because I was expecting Christine Marie Cabanos to voice Manaka). Sometimes, a company will use one voice actress for a trailer for one character, but decides to use a completely different voice actress when the official dub is released. For example, the voice actress for Tomoko Kuroki in the Watamote dub trailer was completely different from the official voice actress (Monica Rial).
Anime junkie, video gamer, English dub fan, loli lover, and a Tv Tropes sumo. Trope pages created by me: Black Bullet, Erica Mendez, Christine Marie Cabanos, Bang Zoom Entertainment, Clint Bickham, David Wald, Studiopolis, Corey Hartzog, NYAV Post, Max Mittelman, Brianna Knickerbocker, Scott Gibbs, Faye Mata.
Dark Paladin X is offline   Reply With Quote