View Single Post
Old 2009-08-18, 18:39   Link #1420
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Tran View Post
Personal note: Rawinder's post is a picture-perfect example of how to build a criticism of a show without resorting to rhetorical trickery or whining. About the only things that I don't agree with in it would fall in the realm of personal tastes (for example, I don't think that the ending is so utterly shorn of ambiguity), and there's nothing that needs refuting even though I liked Destiny.
Oh nice subtlety there...Geeez Louise man are you teaching online coarses @ DeVry or something on this? You are clearly talking about me behind my monitors' back , (Perhaps Kaioshin-Sama aswell?) when I've been off this thread for like 2 weeks...

Can I translate a bit?

This is a anti-wingdarkness example of how to respond TO ME, since I don't understand talking to members with actual personalities who know how to both make decent points and create colorful or entertaining posts at the same time...About the only things I don't agree with would fall in the realm of talking positively about Gundam 00 which I hate and will gladly let haters of this program congregate in this forum no holds barred, and there's nothing that needs to be refuted eventhough I consider the supremely flawed GSD the best gundam series ever (Lacus Clyne has alot to do with that)...

Rhetorical trickery, check....

Seriously I'm glad Rawinder was able to say what has been said to you a million times, but in your perfect way...

Quote:
But once Kira and Lacus take over as main characters, the whole thing gets shot to hell. Because Kira and Lacus are portrayed as the perfect embodiments of righteousness and justice, they drain away all of the ambiguity in the story; Fukuda makes it clear that they are right and everyone else is wrong. Kira and Lacus are pretty boring characters in their own right (they're too one-dimensional to be even considered characters), but it's even worse when they take center stage in the series because it undermines the credibility of all the characters we'd been following beforehand.
Damn Rawinder, based on this post, you're my favorite new member too^^...